While February is the month of love, filled with Hallmark cards and chocolate, we wanted to understand the true foundations of a relationship and the things that really make love last. here are 16 things every woman’s significant other should know:
2. Understand that s*x is important to her and it should come with “a little enticement and a lot of respect.”
3. No matter what, hugging always helps.
4. Realize when it’s time to talk and when it’s time to listen.
5. Know how she takes her coffee.
6. Vulnerability is a good thing, and without it relationships can’t grow.
7. Support and encourage her dreams and she will love you even more. As our Facebook follower Britney Keough wrote: “Every woman needs a significant other who’s her rock, and who can lift her up when she’s feeling discouraged.”
8. Respect her as an equal who can take on the world alone, but instead chooses to do so with you.
9. Never dismiss her feelings even if you don’t fully understand or agree with them.
10. Know when it’s her birthday — and don’t forget it.
11. Selfless acts are what make a relationship last.
12. “I’m fine” doesn’t always mean she’s OK and, many times, means the opposite.
13. Kindness is not weakness, but rather a strength.
14. Respect and encourage her career aspirations and personal ambitions.
15. Recognize that every woman is different. What was important to an ex does not always remain true for a current significant other.
And the classic…
16. Understand how the female body works and — most importantly — where her cli**ris is.