And according to them, a young Nigerian, Adelabu Tunde from Ise Ekiti, Ekiti State was recently killed in Malaysia, so they are calling on International Human Right organizations for proper justice.
How Adelabu was killed – Police was raiding another apartment, Tunde and his friends came back from school…then the police car followed them…..Tunde ran and got shot in the head by the police man. Please share the truth. He was not fighting, he was shot by police that came for extra pocket money! And the police left the scene as soon as he was shot. Which police that was doing raid, then shoot somebody and ran off? We don’t know that now” — Witness
The angry students are also calling for the removal of the Nigerian ambassador to Malaysia, cos according
to them, he has an uncaring attitude towards Nigerians as an ambassador. They also made huge accusations against the Nigerian Embassy in Malaysia in the mail.
1. Ranging from selling diplomatic passports to conniving with Malaysian police to arrest Nigerians and deport them and also setting them up with drugs case so as to make money in terms of releasing or granting them bail. Being money concious.
2) We are made to pay more than the actual amount for new passport or replacements of passports whereby a student passport is misplaced or expired. The embassy demands more than one thousand dollars for new passport and it takes days.
3) Nobody, I repeat nobody have ever questioned the Malaysian Government why they harass students knowing fully well that these students when they submit their passport for visa renewal, visa-holding letters are normally given to them by the Malaysian immigration yet their police and immigration during raiding still arrest and deport legal students having these letters.
4) Imagine the security at the gate of the Nigerian Embassy (An Indian and Bangladesh) molesting Nigerians in front of the Embassy just because they want to go into their own Embassy to get their passport renewed yet the Ambassador will show no concern and sometimes drive by.
5) Someone told the Malaysian Government not to renew visas for Nigerians or hold it for a long period of time. With this we get arrested, detained and made to pay a ransom before finally being deported.
We call on the Federal Government to fight for our right as many Nigerians are being killed. We need justice for dead Adelabu Tunde