HORRIBLE: 2 Men Strangled Their Brother To Death Over Dad’s N17 Million Property

Police from the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Panti, Yaba, Lagos State, western Nigeria, have arrested two brothers, Abdulfatai Osun and Shakiru Osun, for allegedly killing their blood brother, Yusuf Osun, over their father’s property.

The 25-year old Yusuf was brutally murdered after he allegedly refused to sign an agreement to sell their late father’s house at Satellite Town, Lagos.

The incident happened at their late father’s house at House 3C, Mobil Estate, Satellite Town, Lagos.

The suspects allegedly conspired and strangled Yusuf, who was the eldest, in the night, after which they allegedly used a cutlass to butcher him to ensure he was dead and attempted  to cover up the crime.

According to P.M. reports, it was learnt that not quite long after their father died, the three brothers started fighting over the property he left behind.

While the suspects, Abdulfatai and Shakiru, allegedly wanted the property sold and the money shared, Yusuf, the deceased, was said to be opposed to selling the house.

Reportedly, the two suspects negotiated with a buyer to sell the four-bedroom duplex with boys quarters for N17 million. Part of the conditions, it was learnt that the three brothers who inherited the property must sign an agreement before payment would be made by the buyer.

Trouble started when the suspects met Yusuf and informed him about their decision and asked him to sign the agreement as the third party.

Yusuf insisted that they should not sell the family property since their mother was still alive.

The decision did not go down well with the suspects who allegedly hatched a plan to eliminate him.

Luck ran out on them after they killed Yusuf when one their neighbours who saw what happened that night, contacted the police at Satellite Town Division. They were arrested and after preliminary investigation, the police transferred the matter to the SCID.

When reporters contacted the DPO at Satellite Town, he was not around to comment on the matter.

A police source at the station, who confirmed the incident, told our reporter that the matter has been transferred to SCID.

At Panti efforts to speak with the suspects failed as the Investigation Police Officer declined such request.

The suspects were taken to Yaba Magistrates’ Court for arraignment on Tuesday but the arraignment was stalled because the courts did not sit on that day.

They were returned to a cell at SCID Panti, to be arraigned on a later date. 



What do you think about this? Please drop your comments, It keeps us going. Thanks.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s